Terms & Conditions of Service
In consideration of Get on a boat supplying recreational services, including but not limited to boats and/or crew, for the purposes of or in connection with or incidental to, the pursuit of the recreational activity of boating (“The Recreational Services”) and allowing you to participate in that recreational activity, you agree that you have read the conditions set out below and you agree to be bound by them:
- You engage in the recreational activity at your own risk
- You acknowledge that you have read this document in full, and that you acknowledge that the warning constitutes a risk warning under the Civil Liabilities Act, 2002. You also acknowledge that the risk warning has not been contradicted by any representation made by or on behalf of Get on a boat.
- You will read all signs and follow all directions given by Get on a boat or its employees, contractors, representatives or agents; and you will conduct yourself in a controlled manner at all times.
- You declare to Get On ABoat, that you are in a fit and healthy state to undertake a recreational adventure activity of this nature and that you have no pre existing medical condition or injury which would adversely affect your competence on the boat or in the water.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law Get On ABoat excludes all liability to you by Get On ABoat, its directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives or agents; for any cause including for negligence and whether or not the loss or damage occurred to person or property.
- Where that liability cannot be excluded by law, Get On aBoat limits that liability to you to the maximum extent the law permits.
- Get on a boat provides “Recreational Services” as defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and to the maximum extent permitted by that Act it excludes all liability to you, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising out of any failure by it or its directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives or agents to comply with any consumer guarantees applying to those services.
- If you are under the age of 18 or under any disability you must be accompanied by a parent or another adult person who is responsible for you during the recreational activity.
- These conditions together with the risk warning below form the conditions of entry and use of the facilities, equipment and services of Get on a boat.
- The skipper reserves the right to refuse entry of a passenger or require a passenger to disembark the vessel if is deemed to be intoxicated.
- Staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol and alcohol will be refused to any intoxicated passenger.
- Passengers will not bring any illegal substances on board.
- Alcohol is only to be consumed by those 18 years of age or older.
- Offensive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Passengers are encouraged to obey alcohol consumption RSA guidelines of no more than 6 standards drinks on any one day.
- Any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to the organiser’s credit card.
Additional Conditions of Service (Bucks Cruises Only)
- Bucks cruises have to be the first event of the bucks day.
- Maximum cruise time 4 hours.
- Intoxicated guests will not be allowed on board.
- A $1,000 credit card bond will be held for all bucks cruises; any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to this card.
- The skipper reserves the right to cancel your cruise if our terms & conditions regarding offensive behaviour, use of alcohol and/or illegal substances are not abided by. No refund will be offered.
Booking & Refund Policy
- A deposit of 50% of the total charter fee is required to secure a booking. Until the deposit is paid, a booking cannot be guaranteed.
- The remaining balance of the charter fee must be paid 2-weeks prior to your cruise. If the balance has not been made within 10-days of the scheduled charter date, Get On A Boat reserves the right to cancel the cruise with no deposit refunded.
- Get on a boat will freeze a $1,000 security bond on your credit card 1-3 working days prior your cruise. Your bond will be released 1-3 working days after your cruise. Any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to this card. Bucks cruises only.
- All dates changes and cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com
- Date changes / cancellations within 72 hours of the charter date incur a 100% fee, no refund will be offered.
- Date changes / cancellations between 72 hours and 10 days of the charter incur a 50% rescheduling / cancellation fee.
- Date changes / cancellations greater than 10 days of the charter incur a 25% rescheduling / cancellation fee.
- Should the weather conditions be deemed to be unsafe, Get On ABoat is obliged to reschedule the charter, no refund will be offered.
- Should there be any technical / mechanical or safety issues with the vessel, the option to reschedule the charter or a full refund will be offered.
- Should the Get on a boat vessel not be available for any reason on the date of the charter, a replacement vessel may be organised in its place.
- Passenger numbers are limited to 34, including children.
BYO Food Terms and Conditions
- All groups must bring a substantial amount of food to abide by the RSA.
- The BYO surcharge covers your food/drinks and includes paper plates, plastic cutlery, utensils, serving equipment and all clean-up costs.